linux rootimage-0.11 or 0.12 1

John Zhao gohigh at shtdu.edu.cn
Sun Mar 24 09:20:14 CST 2002

A Duston wrote:

>Here is the source code for some historic kernels.
>http://ftp.linux.cz/pub/linux/kernel/Historic/old-versions/
>

>All I could find quickly.
>

>Hal

Yes, those are source code for the old linux kernel. They can be
used(compiled) to make
linux 'BOOTIMAGE' files. not the 'ROOTimage' files. rootimage files are the
disk
images for the root directory '/'. and are something not related to the
kernel closely,
but still have some relationship with the corresponds version of bootimages.

If I want to use the bootimage-0.12, I have to use the rootimage-0.12 too.
Otherwise
the system will stop and crash absolutely.
The Oldest rootimage I got is rootimage-0.97. but i want the one of 0.11 or
0.12 version.
:P

best regards