FrontPage Extension Install

Brian Densmore DensmoreB at ctbsonline.com
Fri Mar 22 15:23:37 CST 2002

Well, ok then. Hmm, M$ with a Linux patch on their server!? I get
shivers just thinking about it.

Yes, apachetoolbox is great! It is an excellent way to install apache;
especially if you are not familiar with all the little nuances. First
though, do your homework and -=try=- to figure out basically what you
want to install.
Second, I suggest you use rpm to uninstall any version you currently
have, just to get to a nice clean system (this may or may not work
depending on what dependencies RH built into it, sigh). If you get any
failed dependencies, try to figure out if they are part of the apache
you plan on reinstalling. This can of course lead to the dreaded rpm
dependency hell, where on package depends on another which depends on
another which ...

Third pull down apachetoolbox and run it. There are two approaches, pull
down everything, or let the toolbox pull down what you select to
install. I've done both. No problems yet.

If you use apachetoolbox you might even get to install the FrontPage
extensions at the same time (I haven't looked). This is the preferred
approach.

Good luck, and don't forget to report how you made it work! For the rest
of
us poor souls, who must trek that path. ;')

Brian