networking question

Rusty kujayhawkbb at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 16 22:08:51 CST 2002

Thanks for the help you all provided in trying to address my
last IP addressing situation. Finally got it all straightened
out. Still not sure why the DHCP server was letting multiple
boxes keep the same address, but since I don't have access to
it, I won't worry about it right now.

My current question is this: I can't remember what file to edit
to set the alias for my eth0 device to the kernel module for my
NIC. I can accomplish my goal using Linuxconf or Netconf, but I
want to do it by hand because that way I'll be able to do it if
Linuxconf isn't installed. I just can't remember the file to
edit, and can't find a quick reference.

Thanks for your help once again!!

rb