[OT] SendMail in NT

Dustin Decker dustind at moon-lite.com
Fri Mar 15 00:17:47 CST 2002

On Thu, 14 Mar 2002, JD Runyan wrote:

> Isn't it amazing that MS provides no SMTP service either through ASP, or as a
> part of its core OS.  I don't mean sendmail quality, I just mean very basic
> to send the mail out without thinking much.  Makes it hard to use as a server
> platform.  All of our webservers have to use a Sun box to send their email out
> from forms and such.

It's almost funny really, considering most of the other brain-dead stuff
they do is in the interest of "ease of use" and the like.  Maybe we
should be thankful for this - who knows.  :)
Dustin

--
"Those parts of the system that you can hit with a hammer (not advised)
are called hardware; those program instructions that you can only curse at

-- Levitating Trains and Kamikaze Genes:
Technological Literacy for the 1990's