Condescension

DCT Jared Smith jared at dctkc.com
Tue Jun 18 22:10:18 CDT 2002

>A condescending attitude towards those who are less
>knowledgeable than yourself only breeds the kind of
>contempt that many hold for the folks at M$.

True. I wake up in cold sweats at night thinking of
what happens when Lx becomes the dominant operating
system, and the 'underground' movement is for something
like ATHEOS, NewOS, HURD, Angel, or Squeak.

"Compassion for the idiots!" cried the geek as
they led him away for not making sense.

Not because the idiots deserve it, but because
everyone is an idiot.

It is not possible to cease condescending; it is
possible to make it more graceful.

-Jared