Printing With HP 970cse and CUPS

Steven Hildreth s_p_hildreth at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 30 01:32:40 CDT 2002

Howdy all, got my Gentoo 1.3b up and working great (including that damn
8 hour OpenOffice compile!) and now onto printing.

I am using a HP Deskjet 970cse via usb. Created the dev node
(/dev/usb/lp0) and changed the access to 0644 owner root:lp and put
myself into the lp group.

I created the node as the USB Printer HOWTO suggests to do, located here
http://www.linux-usb.org/USB-guide/x342.html

The same error continues to happen as either me or root, so I dont think
it is a permission issue.

When I go to submit a job (be it anything including a test from the web
based administration tool it gives me this error:
'client-error-not-possible'

Thanks for any suggestions!

Regards,
Steven