kdm remote login continued

Marvin [GodfatherofSoul] Bellamy mbellamy at kc.rr.com
Tue Jul 30 01:24:42 CDT 2002

This is a second posting on a question I had earlier.  I'm trying to
create a Linux to Linux XDMCP session much like you can do with Windows
and MI/X/Excursion/Exceed.  I'm trying to open sessions from my Linux
workstation to my network server.  Ideally, the login manager would
provide some selection box at the graphical login for connecting to the
machine I want to export the display from.

The XDMCP only gives instructions for GDM (I use kdm/KDE) and the only
resources I've seen for KDE require starting X from a console (I have a
graphical login).  I'm not even sure this is possible, just wondering if
anyone else has had experience doing this.

Regarding the reference someone provided to LTSP, my workstation isn't a
thin client so I don't think that solution is applicable (correct me if
I'm wrong).  Any guidance is appreciated.