Printing (with turboprint or without) inability

Robert Kennedy erwin_k_r at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 29 21:58:48 CDT 2002

--- Rusty <kujayhawkbb at yahoo.com> wrote:
> I'm trying get printing to work with RH 7.3 and a
> *new* Canon S520
> printer. I read there isn't any Canon support for
> Linux drivers, but
> also found Turboprint (www.turboprint.de) that is
> supposed to have full
> support for that model. I'm using the USB connection
> with the printer.(BTW,it works under the MSproduct).

Hi Rusty,

First, I hope, and suspect you did make sure that you
got a generic printer, not a Windblows ONLY one.

Second, I've used the original AmigaOS version of
TurboPrint for years with great results.I have not
used it with USB, but on the Amiga side, the rule of
thumb is that if the USB stack is working, the printer
should work, too.

snip   snip

> Hoping someone will be able to clue me in. And TIA
> for the assistance.
>
> Rusty

As far as I know, there is still a strong mailing list
for the Amiga version. See if you can find a reference
to a Linux one on the IrseeSoft Website.

If you don't find anything, email me privately & I'll
check if my Amiga contacts can help find something.

Best,
Bob Kennedy