Printing (with turboprint or without) inability

Bradley Miller bradmiller at dslonramp.com
Mon Jul 29 21:02:43 CDT 2002

At 02:05 PM 7/29/02 -0700, Rusty wrote:
>This is one of those areas where the MS believers rail on Linux (with
>good cause?). One of the reasons for a dual boot machine I 'spose.

That's not necessarily just a Linux thing.  My Cannon printer works perfect
on CUPS using Linux Mandrake 7.2 box that sits behind me . . . because I
got fed up with swapping cables just to print in color.  It works like a
dream . . . unfortunately I print so rarely in color anymore than the ink
dries and jacks up the printer . . .

Windows users sometimes get the shaft on printers also.  My Okidata 600e
here won't do 600 dpi in Windows NT 4.0.  To run 600 dpi I have to use
something the Okidata driver will work with (Win9x).   They never saw the
need for NT users I guess.

What I need next is a cheap high-speed laser to do my billing print-outs on
. . . maybe from my Linux/samba/print share box?

-- Bradley Miller