Moving a HD

Gerald Combs gerald at ethereal.com
Mon Jul 29 20:13:18 CDT 2002

As long as you are using the generic kernel (e.g. you haven't gone all
1337 and compiled a stripped down, customized kernel) it should boot in
the new computer OK.  The only caveat I can think of is that if the
Ethernet, sound card and other hardware differs in the new machine, you
may need to update the device names in /etc/rc.conf.