Group

Jonathan Hutchins hutchins at opus1.com
Mon Jul 29 19:56:27 CDT 2002

----- Original Message -----
From: "Bill Cavalieri" <bcavalieri at gekl.net>

> I use postnuke with a lot of modules (calendar, forums, etc..)

> Its written in php, and has a strong community behind it.

> www.postnuke.com

I thought that might be a little over-powered, as I only need a single group
for this site, but I'll look at it again.  I tried to install it a month or
so ago for someone, based on the article in Linux Journal.  It did not go
well.  There was nothing that specified what configuration needed to be done
prior to running the supplied install script, and it kept erroring out from
some problem with the MySQL database.  The version, and some of the install
steps, had changed since the article had been written, and although the
article did a complete walk-through of installation and setup, it no-longer
applied.  The client bought a commercial package instead.