mysterious reboot, system problems

Lucas Peet lpeet at eccod.com
Mon Jul 29 18:44:29 CDT 2002

Yeap, that's pretty much what happened.  After some heavy digging in I found
my problem with iptables.  I'd been experimenting with IPv6, and the last
chain was:

iptables -A wan_local -j ACCEPT -p 41 --dport 4343

Protocol 41 is for IPv6.  Apparently, you can't specify the protocol number
with a TCP port in a chain like that.  So I had to change it to:

iptables -A wan_local -j ACCEPT -p tcp --dport 4343
iptables - A wan_local -j ACCEPT -p 41

Also, after checking, the firewall script ran just fine, up until that last
chain, which was also the last in the script, so it loaded all my other
rules up to that point.  So my firewall was indeed functioning.

-Lucas