mysterious reboot, system problems

Lucas Peet lpeet at eccod.com
Mon Jul 29 14:50:21 CDT 2002

Hello all,

My server rebooted last night out of the blue, and upon restart, things aren't quite right.

Everything seems to be working okay, but there's problems.

For instance, now when I try to bring up my firewall, I get this:

[root at riodo scripts]# ./firewall up
iptables v1.2.4: Unknown arg `--dport'
Try `iptables -h' or 'iptables --help' for more information.
[root at riodo scripts]#

This worked fine before...

That and it seems like the system isn't using the regular init scripts to bring itself up - there's
some custom things in some scripts (like mysql) that aren't running.

All kinds of bogus stuff.  I can't seem to find anything at all in my logs either.  Some help would
be *greatly* appreciated.

-Lucas