Samba woes continue . . .

mbsmith at dstsystems.com mbsmith at dstsystems.com
Mon Jul 29 14:38:46 CDT 2002

FYI, I've been looking to do the same jukebox thing and have been eyeing
this Turtle Beach box as an ethernet to stereo interface:
http://www.turtlebeach.com/site/products/audiotron/producthome.asp

Tom's Hardware has a review of it here:
http://www17.tomshardware.com/network/01q4/011220/index.html

Bradley Miller <bradmiller at dslonramp.com>
Sent by: owner-kclug at marauder.illiana.net
07/26/2002 11:06 PM

        To:     A Duston <hald at sound.net>
        cc:     kclug at kclug.org
        Subject:        Re: Samba woes continue . . .

Yep -- after doing a little research I came to the same conclusion . . .
no
way to write the info so that's why it was bombing.  Many thanks to all
those that replied!

The reson I'm doing this is I've been wanting to have an MP3 jukebox setup
. . . eventually I'd like a standalone cabinet type system shaped like an
old time jukebox . . . but alas I'll settle for a funky beige box for now.
I'm setting up a web server along with PHP/MySQL to track all my songs
(creating lists) and then allowing me to start them up remotely (well,
from
any PC in my home) or allow me to stream them to my PC.  I think it will
be
slick when done.  The next big hurdle is getting the box out of my office
and beside the stereo.  Gotta run some more cat5 . . . and find a place to
plug it in.  Jeez!

-- Bradley Miller