job search

bkelsay at comcast.net bkelsay at comcast.net
Sat Jul 27 14:29:48 CDT 2002

I have the same problem at work with my Linux box.  I can't just put in the
server and share and use the resource of a NT or 2000 server.  I can put the
address in a browser (Mozilla) and it asks for authentication.  If I let the
password manager remember it (I know that is bad practice, but it was a
test.), then I can use one server's resources and then browse to the next
server without authenticating again.  I don't know yet if the info is saved
per session (i.e. lost when the browser is shut down), but I intend to test
this soon.

I have had troubles using ftp and http also due to the authentication
required for the MS ISA (proxy) servers.  We have three of those.  I used a
Samba tool that came with Mandrake, but it didn't work as expected.  I have
a very strange IP addressing scheme and multiple domains.  It is a mess that
I have to work around until they get the whole thing straightened out.
Brian