job search [aka consulting]

Carl Sappenfield CSAPPENFIELD at kc.rr.com
Fri Jul 26 22:52:02 CDT 2002

I think that's a good point.  Remember, companies aren't just interested in
cost, they're interested in cash flow.  Business Schools teach that all that
matters is NPV, but every company I've worked at (from a 15MM custom
engineering firm to a ???[whatever the accountants say] telco) use payback
as (at least a major) financial measure for projects.  You won't get far by
saying "the NPV is 1MM, but the payback is 9 years."