The Fate of Low/Mid level languages.

Bill Cavalieri bcavalieri at gekl.net
Thu Jul 25 21:32:05 CDT 2002

One of those politics questions :)

Really it depends on what you want to do.  I went for the writing
desktop apps path so I have used Delphi/Kylix, and Visual Basic (very
little C). Other people I know went for the services/daemon path and
mostly use C/C++ (don't know any java developers).

Not that everything is broken down into two choices but,that has just
been my general observations.

www.borland.com, has free editions of Delphi (windoze Object Pascal),
Kylix (Delphi for Linux, and soon C Builder for Linux), C Builder (C++),
and J Builder (Java ;) ), so you can try out the languages and see what
fits your style.

-Bill