The Fate of Low/Mid level languages.

dattaway at attaway.net dattaway at attaway.net
Thu Jul 25 21:21:05 CDT 2002

Devry is a very good school.  I learned how to build computers and program
them from scratch in the BSEET program.  I went because I wanted to learn.
My only problem was graduating during the big recession in 1992.  Graduate
placement promised a lot, but I was much better doing the job search on my
own.  I made friends with people who were hiring but couldn't offer much,
and things went well from there.  It would be years before I started
making any real money.

Hopefully, graduate placement will live up to its grandiose promises they
make: 100% job placement.  Read into that and take it with a grain of
salt.

On Thu, 25 Jul 2002, Andrew Bates wrote:

> I went to devry last year, and they had C++ and C aswell as Java...
> along with all the other languages.  This pleased me very much.
>
> ~ I was wondering what kind of market is out there?  Because, now that
> I'm going to SMSU in the fall, I have found they offer """"3""""
> languages.  Java, COBOL, and (ewck) Visual Basics... of these.. Java is
> the one i will have my imphasis in... since you can learn COBOL and
> Visual Basics in 2 days.
>
> I was wondering what everybody else's experience with programming
> languages at work aswell as education is.
>
> - - Andrew Bates

Why drive a car when you can ride a bike?
http://attaway.net                 http://counter.li.org   user #142150