ftp daemons

Brian Densmore DensmoreB at ctbsonline.com
Wed Jul 24 19:12:19 CDT 2002

Yes "securable". Check out all the Security Alerts issued by CERT on
WU-FTP.

If you need a good sized number of accounts ProFTP is your best bet. If
you
just need it for a few people, and you need to install ssh anyway, sftp
is
built into it. Just make sure when you install ssh you disable protocol
1
entirely. My server has never been hacked, and I get hits from
Singapore, Taiwan,
China and Korea daily. Trust me I'm no security guru, I just keep my
patches up to
date [more or less ;')]. That should say something about the secure and
stable
nature of ssh.

uptime 231 days. Would be 600+ if not for the physical move over 7
months ago. And
the recompile of the kernel. Any way to recompile the kernel and load
the new kernel
without a reboot? Sure would be nice.

Brian