[OT] Linux and chatting and M$

Rich Edelman edelman at speedscript.com
Wed Jul 24 13:53:21 CDT 2002

There's a few IM clients out there that can connect to MSN, with whatever
protocol they are using... Those that come to mind right away are Gabber
(http://gabber.sourceforge.net), Gaim (http://www.gaim.com), and I believe
Everybuddy (http://www.everybuddy.com/en/index.php). I've never used Gabber
(Jabber clone) or Everybuddy, but I do use Gaim every day. It supports
plugins to do ICQ, MSN, and Yahoo messengers as well as standard AOL IM.
Beware though, I don't believe any of the various linux IM clients support
all the features their Windows counterparts do.

Rich