Registering/Accounts with online vendors

Dustin Decker dustind at moon-lite.com
Mon Jul 22 21:12:25 CDT 2002

On Mon, 22 Jul 2002, Duane Attaway wrote:

> On Mon, 22 Jul 2002 KRFinch at dstsystems.com wrote:
>
> > sand once you get them under an electron microscope.  It's never a matter
> > of whether we can get data off of the drive or not, its just a matter of
> > whether or not its worth spending the money."
>
> Fascinating story.  I guess some kinds of data erasing might be not worth
> the cost of an oxyacetyline torch.  Or recovering the metals by
> smelting...

IIRC, folks with secure environments such as the DOE have "black hole"
real estate... these are places into which floppies, hard drives, etc.
go in, but never come straight out without being pushed through a
shredder that can destroy the platters entirely...

It all depends on how serious you are :)
Dustin

--
| Dustin Decker                     |
| http://dustin.moon-lite.com |                                         |
| Moon-Lite Computing         | Majority, n.:                           |
| 913.579.7117                | That quality that distinguishes a crime |