OT: Registering/Accounts with online vendors

Bradley Miller bradmiller at dslonramp.com
Sat Jul 20 21:28:51 CDT 2002

They are not looking to commit identity theft . . . they just want to make
it easier to allow you to log in and track your purchase in the future.
The problem with the web is it is so anonymous to a point, yet not enough.
There are a ton of ways that someone can get your info "offline" so I think
that the threat online is very minimal.  Personally, I think having a
system that would only allow info to be exchanged between people that are
verified to know who they are would be the only secure way of doing things,
but then people would be screaming about personal liberties and all that
sort of thing.  Ugh.  The only way to truly be anonymous is to never use a
computer, never charge anything, and keep your money in a mason jar in the
back yard . . . . and tell me you address.

-- Bradley Miller