OT: Registering/Accounts with online vendors

Bob Batson rcb at kc.rr.com
Sat Jul 20 21:16:13 CDT 2002

Would someone please explain to me a so-called "feature" of many
commercial retailers who do business on the world wide web?

I'm talking about the website retailer's requirement that a potential
buyer (in this case, me) establish an account (with my email address
plus password) before I can place an order.

In my opinion, not only is this a potential privacy problem (identity
theft), it's also a potential security problem (credit card theft).

--
Bob Batson
rcb at kc.rr.com

Chocolate is the true opiate of the masses!