"Free" cable

Dana akadanak at kc.rr.com
Wed Jul 17 15:46:02 CDT 2002

Once upon a time TWC only offered cable services. At that time
it made sense to configure things so that basic cable would be the
default. After all, if you ordered cable you had to have at least basic
cable so why make it an extra step.

Fast forward to present.  TWC offers RR over the same cable.
If you already have cable services then you see no difference and
there is no problem. If you don't have cable services then you get
the basic as a "free bonus" since it is there by default.

So is it unethical to buy a splitter and plug the cable into a TV set?
I don't think so but to each their own. Nor do I think TWC has a
case for theft of services since they deliever it to me of their own
free will.

Dana