SWB DSL - Disapoinment

jose sanchez j_r_sanchez at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 16 23:20:09 CDT 2002

Hello:

Last week I ordered SWB DSL, they have a good
promotion I couldn't let go by. The DSL line was
suppose to be active last Friday. Today is Tuesday and
I've been able to go online TWICE. Right now I am
emailing from a backup dialup connection (AOL). I am
very frustrated with the service this company has
provided me. I've tried all day today to go online and
the connection is timing out. I have being lucky to
"log in", if you want to call it that, to their server
and get an IP address but the connection is worst than
16kb modem. When I try to go let's say to yahoo.com,
the page doesn't even load. What kind of service is
this? I've already called their business / customer
relations number and ask to cancel. I can't take it
anymore... I'm going back to cable. Also I've noticed
that everytime I've logged in to their server I get a
different IP address, not good!

Well enough about that. I also like to let you all
know I was able to go online from a linux host. I
installed the roaring penguin program and it works
like a charm. Is very easy to set up. I recommend it.

One more thing, I'm still having problems trying to
forward ports with iptables.
Linux router with two NICs (eth0, 192.168.1.1 and
eth1, 192.168.2.1). These are the gateways to their
respective networks. I have a host with IP
192.168.1.50 trying to request a web page from the
webserver at IP 192.168.2.10. I can't get it to work.
I have IP_FORWARD enabled and these are the rules I've
tried:

---flushes the chains---
iptables -A FORWARD -p tcp -i eth0 -d 192.168.2.10
--dport 80 	-m state --state NEW,ESTABLISHED,RELATED -j ACCEPT
iptables -A FORWARD -P tcp -i eth1 -d 192.168.1.0/24 	-m state --state ESTABLISHED,RELATED -j
ACCEPT
##### Doesn't work #####
I also tried this combination but no success:

iptables -A FORWARD -p tcp -i eth0 -j ACCEPT
iptables -A FORWARD -p tcp -i eth1 -j ACCEPT

iptables -A FORWARD -p tcp -o eth0 -j ACCEPT
iptables -A FORWARD -p tcp -o eth1 -j ACCEPT

########

STILL Not working. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks.

=====
"An ounce of gold cannot buy an ounce of time."
- Anonymous

www.whmicro.com