Speaking of jobs . . .

IOCON at aol.com IOCON at aol.com
Mon Jul 15 02:09:11 CDT 2002

Mogmios, I agree with almost every thing you said,perhaps Jared and the god
father of whatever need to learn that lesson. I think a lot of people (who
thought that were immunded) will learn that lesson the hard way in this
economy.

I'm not disagreeing with you really. I just think we have to earn more
money here because it's been made impossible to live off anything
reasonable. You can't just build your own home, grow your own food, etc.
First you have to work 10 years to save the money to buy your own land,
get permission to cut your own trees down to build a home, get permission
to build a well and septic tank, etc. Then even after you're
self-sustaining you still have to have a job or else you can't pay your
taxes and the government comes and takes away your land. Even worse if you
get caught below the poverty line in this country in many ways you cease
to exist. It's hard to find a place to live, get a vehicle, find a job,
etc because everyone wants references and credit checks and such. I
wouldn't say it's harder than North Korea but it's a whole different set
of problems people face here.

You've obviously never been poor here. Being poor here means living in the
back of a non-functional car and eatting pancakes cooked over an open
fire. Not having a home, a shower, a telephone, electricity, etc. ;)