No end to Linux.

Ian icollins at iland.net
Sat Jul 13 22:59:37 CDT 2002

I too believe that there would be no end to Linux. Linux shall always live free. But in light of
the new Lindows OS and Microsoft, Bill Gates is a very spoiled man. I don't think that he could
stop Linux, but I would worry about Lindows. Even though Windows is not trademarked thus making it
legal to use the name sort of, Bill will try to take advantage of the system to gain. He should not
be allowed to sue the creators of Lindows, Microsoft is the biggest monopoly of any companies out
there. I think that they are the reason places such as Xerox, and Adelphia are going belly up. Paul
Allen one of Bills Buddies, not to mention who was at Microsoft from the start owns Charter
Communications. Now he is going to buy Adelphia and make it his own, and guess who will profit from
that Microsoft and Bill.
If Microsoft should win in the end I don't think it would be the end of Linux, but it would slow
down its evolution. And that can not be allowed to happen. Bill needs the competition or he would
have no fun. He needs to realize that Windows is not the only OS out there and he needs to deal
with it and not try to profit off of it, such as the case with Apple and Macintosh for which he
owns fifty percent of.
The only reason Bill is where he is today is because he is a thief. Nothing that has come from him
is original thinking. He is what he is because of Steve Jobs and Steve Wassniac.
"Good artist copy, Great artist steal" Bill Gates.

Ian