question regarding modem installation on laptop

alok khemka khemkaalok_ at hotmail.com
Fri Jul 12 18:55:46 CDT 2002

hi, i was trying to configure my modem on my laptop (dell inspiron 8200) but
was not able to determine what exactly to do. i don;t know for sure whether
my modem is a winmodem or not. the "lspci" shows that the chipset is intel
8086:2486(probably) at irq:11 and i/o 0xd400 & 0xdc00. the manufacturer of
the modem id "Actiontec". do i need to find an appropriate driver for that
or it's bundled with the kernel itself???

Alok Khemka
Graduate Student
Computer Science Dept.
University of Missouri - kansas city