Apache worm released

Jeremy Fowler jfowler at westrope.com
Mon Jul 1 21:45:55 CDT 2002

> This is why I hate RedHat! They have gotten so much like M$, it's just
> flat out frightening! I can understand them patching the kernel, because
> the patching of the kernel is so screwed up, but to patch everyone
> else's

Dude, they just backported the fix to the 1.3.24 version. They didn't write the
patch, the Apache foundation did. They don't package the latest bleeding edge
code from anyone unless it has been thoroughly tested to run on production
machines.

> software too! Which of course makes all sorts of 3rd party software NOT
> work on Redhat. You need to get RedHat's versions of everything, and if
> per chance they don't support that particular code, you're screwed!
> Some one needs to slap these people upside the head! Of course it may
> just

I think you are way over exaggerating. I've installed all sorts of 3rd party
software on Redhat. Some from source, some from srpms, but most are binary
packages from redhat. I've never had a problem save for the package
dependencies. Which if you know what your looking for isn't that hard to figure
out.

> be I'm having a really crappy Monday! ;')

Sorry to hear that. Hope you Tues. is better.