Gentoo updating [was RE: Apache worm released]

Brian Densmore DensmoreB at ctbsonline.com
Mon Jul 1 21:14:47 CDT 2002

Well , I would generally agree. I did have to recently tweak one of the
updates, but it told me what to do when it aborted.
BUT, I have three packages that keep aborting, gnome 2,kde i18n, and a
prereq for
gnome 2. I am working on them, but will need to post to the list soon
for help.

> sometimes I'm lazy and don't upgrade individual packages, I just:
>
> emerge - u world             <--upgrade everything
ewwww! I am tempted to do that, but don't want to install Koffice 1.2
Beta, and
there are also a few alpha level upgrades in my world update list. I
definitely
do not want to upgrade from stable to alpha level.

I just wish the rest of the Linux distros would get a  clue from Gentoo
or FreeBSD!

Brian