was: Apache worm update now: man, I'm almost there...

Eric Rossiter rossiter at discoverynet.com
Mon Jul 1 20:28:41 CDT 2002

> > dattaway at attaway.net wrote:
> > >
> > > Did you try running the command:
> > >
> > > ldconfig
> > >
> > > I seem to remember problems with some rpm's not updating the library
> > > database.
> > >

> > Hi,
> >
> > Thanks for your reply.  I ran ldconfig as root and didn't recieve an
> > error so I gather it did whatever it was supposed to.  I tried to
> > install the apache rpm and still get:
> >
> > error: failed dependencies:
> >       libmm.so.11   is needed by apache-1.3.22-6
> >

> > So, i'm still wondering if libmm.so.11 which rpmfind tells me is a
> > "Shared
> > Memory Abstraction Library Mandrake" can be put on a RedHat
> > machine and solve the dep's for apache???
> >
> > TIA,
> > Eric

Ok, I went ahead and installed libmm.11.so and then the install of the
apache rpm went just fine. I now am running apache server 1.3.22.  The
httpd.conf file was overwritten but I found an httpd.conf.rpmsave that
had my original aliases for netsaint, etc.  I copied that back to
httpd.conf.

Now when I point the browser to "jupiter/mrtg/mvscisco" the mrtg page
opens, and displays, but the url changes to 127.0.0.1/mrtg/mvscisco.
When I point the
browser to "jupiter/netsaint/" the url changes to 127.0.0.1/netsaint/
and I get a 404 page not found.

Anyone know the last piece I seem to be missing.  I think it's a config
in httpd.conf but I'm not sure.

TIA, and thanks for your help today,
Eric