Apache worm released

Eric Rossiter rossiter at discoverynet.com
Mon Jul 1 18:24:49 CDT 2002

Michael wrote:

> If you use a standard packaged version see if your distro has an upgraded
> package. If not download ApacheToolbox and run through it's menu and just
> follow the directions. It isn't very hard.

Nope, not hard at all... if you know what you're doing.

I downloaded apache-1.3.26.i386.rpm and installed it trying to upgrade.
Now httpd won't restart...Netscape tells me mrtg and netsaint pages
don't exist.

Tried rpm -e apache-1.3.26.i386.rpm and I'm told it's not installed. (I
just LOVE this)

There are days I love this OS, and days that I hate it.  1 guess as to
what kind of a day this is.

This upgrading, patching and associated BS borders on the quite
ridiculous.  How does one EVER keep up.

So far I have boxes to upgrade ssh on, boxes to upgrade Apache on, and
I'm quite friggin lost.

So, any idea how can I can fix this and at least get back to where I
was?

Severely pissed,

P. S. any one have howto's on how to upgrade sh!t that works fine just
because someone, somewhere sounds the paranoia alarm?

P.S.S. Thanks for letting me rant.