Web hosting services

Dana akadanak at kc.rr.com
Mon Jul 1 05:49:53 CDT 2002

I've been thinking about starting a co-operative for web
hosting for some time. A few months ago I signed up
with mchost.com and am now ready to start the web
hosting co-op.

This is a totally non-profit venture.  My goal is to split
the cost of web-hosting to make it affordable for all.
To start I'm looking at a cost of $50/year/domain.  This
number could go down if enough people joined.  If a lot
of people joined then we can simply buy more services
and still keep prices low for everyone.

For this you get the space and the freedom to do with
it what you want.  No hand holding at this price so you
have to know enough to run your own website.  Also
you have to own and maintain your own domain name.

The server provider is www.mchost.com . Check them
out. I did and was impressed with their ratings which is
why I went with them.

They run on apache and you get perl, php and all the
usual goodies.

Caveats.  No porn, warez or businesses.  This is for individuals
and groups to put up personal, club websites.

Dana
akadanak at kc.rr.com