Another good reason for telnet

Glenn Crocker glenn at netmud.com
Fri Jan 11 20:27:54 CST 2002

But all the other protocols that are telnet-compatible have security
problems.  POP3, for example, really should be encrypted.  That's your
password flying over the socket for all the world to see.  Same with FTP.

On the HTTP side, I'd like to see more https usage just for privacy reasons.
There's really no reason for unencrypted data to ever move point-to-point.
In that way, I'd say that the insecure protocols telnet is compatible with
are "bad".

-glenn

Glenn Crocker
Netmud   http://www.netmud.com