Tar Utillity (new)

jose sanchez j_r_sanchez at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 10 22:01:39 CST 2002

Hello:

This is another problem I am having with the tar
utillity:

Remember my last post; older version of tar had a file
size limitation of 2GB. Most of the people in the list
suggested I upgraded to a newer ditro. I did. Upgraded
to RH 7.2. There's no file size limitation but, I have
a different problem: I am trying to back up a server
every night at 11:00pm. Tar fails to completely
compress / archive. I get hundred this message: File
changed as we read it. It then fails to finish the
archive. This is the last error message: Tar: Error
exit delayed from previous errors.

Why I'm getting so many errors, No one is accessing
the server at that time.

Any other sugestions will be apreciated.

Thanks.