a series of stupid questions about kmail

Jim Herrmann Jim at ItDepends.com
Sat Feb 23 05:50:03 CST 2002

Eric,
You can use Kmail to get mail from POP or IMAP mail servers.  I'm not sure if
the internet based mail programs allow direct access with a fat client.  I
know Netscape does.  Kmail, of course, can retrieve mail from as many servers
as you want, and put the results in different folders.  It's great at that.

I say loss the Hotmail account.  That's a M$-Passport account.  There are
plenty of other web based free options.

Having your own domain definately has it's advantages.  I love having mine,
itdepends.com.  I have it hosted at hostrocket.com.  I don't even really use
it as a website very much.  I mostly use the mail and mailing lists.  For
example, when I sign up for a service on the web, I use something that
identifies who I'm giving my address too at my domain, i.e.
passport at itdepends.com when I was forced to set up a passport account to be
able to download a song that I had already paid for.

HTH,
Jim