The C is dead, long live the C

Monty J. Harder lists at kc.rr.com
Mon Feb 11 04:08:43 CST 2002

"Adam Turk" <aturk at waddell.com> wrote:

> desktop computers were considered a bad idea. But, I fairly sure you
> aren't typing from a dumb terminal, Monty. You are probably right,

  No, but every day I must deal with dialup connections with uncertain
implementation of terminal emulations.  I can't have something break because
of a misunderstanding over what escape sequence turns text green instead of
yellow.

> They may inspire something better. I garantee you the first pure fourth
> gen language won't be black and white. Color will play an increasing

  If the language treats color itself as syntactically significant, it will
be a clusterfuck of global proportions.