Changing IP Addresses

Marvin Bellamy Marvin.Bellamy at innovision.com
Mon Feb 4 22:38:55 CST 2002

Then, Windows serves a role that Linux should/can not serve by providing
user-stupid interfaces that would make a Linux distro too cumbersome?
 Taken a step further, then M$ should be lauded for bringing the desktop
to the average schmoe?  This is something I don't agree with in the
Linux community.  There's so much talk about the downfall of M$ to
Linux/Open Source, but there seem to be some huge tracts of land that
the Penguin dare not cross.  Is it or is it not a goal for the Linux
community to make Linux an alternative to Windoze for the average
consumer (my !L337 mom, for example)?  I stress the *average* consumer.