OT- Access Programming

KRFinch at dstsystems.com KRFinch at dstsystems.com
Mon Apr 29 21:10:04 CDT 2002

Hello All!

Sorry for the off topic post, but I need some advice.

After sitting through several managerial discussions on the topic, I have
decided that the fastest way to get the software tool I need is to write it
myself.  I have already done some high-level design work on it, and have a
very good idea of how I would like to proceed.  I've run my ideas by my
boss, and he seems to agree with my approach to crunching the numbers.
Since I will be pulling live data from a MS-SQL database, Access 2000 seems
a natural choice for composing the program.

Here is my problem:  I have tried a self-study course on Access 2000
programming, and it left me kind of dissatisfied.  From a Technical
standpoint, it was OK, but the lack of coding examples and dry text left me
wishing I had some better resources to work from.  (I have some Visual
FoxPro experience in a past life, so its not like this is all completely
foreign to me.)  I would just go out and buy some more books, but since I
am kinda doing this on my own, I'm footing the bill for this, and I don't
really want to blow another wad of cash on something that isn't worthwhile.

So, do you have any suggestions for someone in my shoes learning Access
2000 programming?  Is there anything available cheap or free that you know
of that could help me along?  If there's nothing "cheap or free", what have
you heard is worth the money?

Thanks for any guidance!

Kevin Finch
Network Administrator