Qt Versions

Jonathan Hutchins hutchins at opus1.com
Tue Apr 23 12:41:12 CDT 2002

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Lucas Peet [mailto:lpeet at eccod.com]

(Pay attention and change your subject lines, guys.  It's not that hard,
even in Outlook.)

> Yeah, I just upgraded to KDE 3.0 / Qt 3.0, and I love it, but
> there are many apps that require Qt 2.2.2+, but not Qt3.0.  I
> wonder if you can run both on the same system...I don't see why
> you couldn't??

As I recall, at least one of you did this from source rather than binary,
and although make install is getting cleverer, it doesn't always cover
extraneous matters like links as well as RPM does.  Perhaps you can just
symlink the two versions?

Anybody done this with RPM's yet?