slightly off topic: looking for CD-ROM drive

zscoundrel zscoundrel at kc.rr.com
Mon Apr 22 17:01:54 CDT 2002

I picked up a Backback CD-ROM drive from Home Depot to load up my
laptop.  It worked pretty well, and they have drivers for Linux -
although I think the PCMCIA is now supported under the new kernal.

It is a good drive and works fairly well and was not terribly expensive
if you are looking for one to augment your laptop.  If you live out near
K7 and Johnson Drive, we could get together for a mini-install-fest
someplace.  I have several versions of RedHat on CD, including 7.2.