slightly off topic: looking for CD-ROM drive

KRFinch at dstsystems.com KRFinch at dstsystems.com
Mon Apr 22 15:05:01 CDT 2002

Hello all!

I have several old laptops (p-50's without CD-ROM Drives) that I would like
to get an O/S loaded on.  I'll probably load Suse on one, and Win9x on the
rest.  I know that there are other options available, but it would be a lot
easier all around if I could plug in a parallel port or PCMCIA CD drive
into the systems to load from.  Once the systems are loaded, I can get by
with just a network connection and floppy drive, so whatever I use doesn't
have to be portable.

If anyone has a PCMCIA or parallel port CD drive (with drivers) that I
could buy/borrow, please let me know.  Alternatively, if anyone knows where
I could buy one of those parallel port IDE drive cases (since I have
several IDE CD drives laying around) I would appreciate that info as well.

Thanks!

Kevin Finch
Network Administrator
DST Systems, Inc.