Install for an old PC.

Duane Attaway dattaway at attaway.yi.org
Fri Apr 19 16:04:56 CDT 2002

I was very impressed with the latest version of Slackware on an old P166
with 32MB.  The install was very simple, X came right up with gnome,
pcmcia wireless networking came up, ...it was a dream come true from a
single cdrom.

The sense of speed had the weight of a minimalist desktop, but still
included the feature core desktop packages.  Overall, slackware 8.0 gave
me the impression someone did a lot of work to make this distribution have
the polished look.  While slackware used to be an adventure in learning,
this release I'd strongly recommend for the newbie:

http://www.slackware.com/

--
Why drive a car when you can ride a bike?
http://attaway.yi.org                   http://counter.li.org   user #142150