Install for an old PC.

Brian Densmore DensmoreB at ctbsonline.com
Fri Apr 19 15:50:43 CDT 2002

Distro War! ;')
Well it depends on many factors. Many of them personal preferences.

My recommendation is Gentoo, but this is not for the faint of heart.
Gentoo will give you the most customized, fastest machine you can get.
But it's going to take you probably 4 days to build the darn thing.
Plan on 24 hrs to install KDE, of course that is really a matter of
starting
the install and coming back in 24 hours when it is done.

If you want something now, Mandrake is a good choice, as is Redhat.
Lycoris Desktop/LX is geared for newbies/M$ orphans.
http://www.lycoris.com

And some comparisons are here.
http://www.distrowatch.com/

Brian