LILO Be Gone!

David Rush david at davidarush.com
Tue Apr 16 18:00:02 CDT 2002

At 12:43 PM 4/16/02 -0500, Charles Steinkuehler wrote:
> > I'd like to change something (I don't know what) so that the machine
>default boots to windows. Anyone know how I can do this?
>
>Set your windows partition to "active", and use a dos/windows based
>command-line fdisk to re-intsall the MBR.

But then he'll lose his access to booting Linux (unless he uses a boot
floppy), right?
I read this to be he still wants dual-boot, but wants the default to be
Winblows rather than Linux.

If that's the case, edit your /etc/lilo.conf - I can't tell you exactly how
to edit it off the top of my head, but I know I've managed to figure out
how to change the default by looking at it.  There should be a section of
/etc/lilo.conf for each boot option.  Edit and save /etc/lilo.conf, then
run "lilo", and you should be good.  Oh, and you do have a boot floppy,
just in case, don't you?

David