Server certificates

Marvin Bellamy Marvin.Bellamy at innovision.com
Tue Apr 9 15:57:35 CDT 2002

You can use keytool to generate your own certificate.  You won't have
verisign in your keychain to verify who you are, but if the browser just
accepts the cert, the session will work.  That's what's so lame about
CAs.  They get $$$/year just to vouche (sp) for you and most of the time
all they do is call the number you give them and ask for the company
name!  The price of these damned things really is prohibitive for
smaller sites running securely.