netstat on RedHat 7.2, IP MASQ

Eric Rossiter rossiter at discoverynet.com
Tue Apr 9 02:21:32 CDT 2002

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jonathan Hutchins" <hutchins at opus1.com>
>> So am I supposed to try "netstat -NAT?"

Ok, ... maybe I'm confused... or totally ignorant...either or, please
excuse.  If I remember the initial start to this thread you said (I don't
have a copy, sorry) you were trying to "view your iptables rules using the
netstat -m command?" Is this correct?  Anyway... and again, if you know
this, please excuse me, but like I said, now I'm confused.

netstat shows the open ports, or services spawned listening for connections?
yes? (anyone) I always use netstat -taupe ( netstat -m gives mem stats )

iptables -L -n will show you your iptables rules, not doing name lookups.

*shrugs*
HTH,