netstat on RedHat 7.2, IP MASQ

Jerry Place place at umkc.edu
Tue Apr 9 01:26:49 CDT 2002

On Monday 08 April 2002 08:06 pm, you wrote:

Hello All:

   I've partially followed the iptables et al. discussion with time
out for a massive restoration after a disk failure.

   My only comment is that I bought a very small NetGear router for
about $80 that will support 32 PCs and had it up and running with
DHCP, NAT, SSH and HTTPD port forwarding in the time that it's taken
me to read just a few of these messages.

   Understanding how to do this in Linux, while important, may not be
the best use of your time.  It was not the case for me.  I guess I'm
saying that what's important for me is the right tool at the right
time.
--

Regards,

Jerry P. Place