usa.net help

Jonathan Hutchins hutchins at opus1.com
Thu Apr 4 22:40:55 CST 2002

usa.net help----- Original Message -----
From: Margrave, Thomas

> Ok, I am posting this to everybody on this list
> asking for opinions.   I had been using an email
> account on usa.net for over 6 years and now they
> are going to start charging me 29.95 to keep this
> account.  When I sign up they stated that it would
> be mine email address for life.  Well now I know
> that life is whatever usa.net wants to charge for it.

Look at the bright side:  maybe you'll end up with a service that doesn't
use rich text or html for simple text messages.

I'm not sure what the problem is - you've had six years of free service, and
you're complaining?  This stuff costs money to run, somebody's been paying
for it.

What about your ISP account?  Don't they offer at least one email address?

Some of the domain registration services will offer a mailbox or two for a
very reasonable annual fee.

The thing with a free service is that if you're not paying for it, you're
hardly entitled to customer service, or anything else for that matter.  If
you find a decent company and pay a fair price, you're likely to get better
service.

That said, I don't know of many places that provide simple mail service for
a fee, as opposed to bundling it with a dial-up service or something.

AOL's less than $10/month without dial-up.   Thirty billion spammers can't
be wrong!