static IP options

Bradley Miller bradmiller at dslonramp.com
Wed Apr 3 05:03:36 CST 2002

At 11:01 PM 4/2/02 -0600, Aaron wrote:
>Southwestern Bell supprised me.  They just lowered their rates on DSL with
>static IP's to $65 a month.  They'll even give you the option of buying up
>to 128 IP's for a one time charge.  I'm amazed they went away from the
>monthly fee's.  I'm switching from my current ISP where I have 32 IP's and
>pay $79.  (BTW, if you switch it's a pain.  I'm having a new phone line run
>with new, separate DSL on it to avoid the 3 week downtime they said it would
>take it I cancelled my other service first.)  They guy I talked to there was
>actually.... gasp... knowledgeable and friendly...  He insisted they had to
>send a tech out but would be more than happy to use my spare router for the
>new service.  Did hell freeze over while I wasn't looking?
>
>Aaron

I've got my DSL through Communitech.net -- $59.95 month and static IP, but
they don't offer new service.  I've never had any real problems . . . I've
only had maybe 3 outages in 3 years (knock on wood).   $65/month sounds
pretty good also though.  I like my bandwidth because it seems to always be
pretty plentiful . . . small (DSL) customer base = no hassles.  ;-)

-- Bradley Miller